I wanted to share some photos
with you of a quaint
flea show
that I went to
a few months back....
"bbc"
{before blog creation!}
Its not too often that there is a flea market
this close to my home.....
{usually I have to drive 3 hours}
AND......
this amazing!
in April and October
Its is all my favorite things
{vintage, rusty, ruffley, old, lacey, crusty}
rolled into one
vintage barn
nestled in an orange grove
Oh,and did I mention
that she has super duper vendors:
Sue Whitney's
Booth
{she was the special guest!!}
Dont you just love the grass runner?!
Then you look up.....
who woulda thought dead grapes could produce
something that I want?
You best believe that this sucker
is on the Stigman's hunny-do list
{its getting kinda big-sorry babe}
all it is
is an old pulley
some rusty chain
a buncha grapevines
(no wine...er I mean grapes on em anymore-so sad),
vintage canning jars
oh, and
a Fairy Garden!!
Sue did a hands on how-to create
your very own using
succulents
and of course
vintage scraps and goodies
How cute is that?!
Kinda makes you wanna be a fairy, huh?!
Kinda makes you wanna be a fairy, huh?!
One of my favorite booths
These girls (Erika & Sandy) are amazing
I only wish their shop was closer to me!
I took all sortsa goodies off their hands:
vintage flashlight
metal letters
a purdy bracelet for my mama
and.....this
my tissue paper flower on a birch "stem"
I cannot count how many people
asked me which booth I got it from
I was referred to as "the bride"
hahaha.....
that woulda looked cool for my wedding bouquet!
Altho mine was pretty spectacular....
and not paper (lol)
Retreat Style's booth
I cannot tell you how absolutely amazing
their booth was
AH-MAZE-ING
and
this one too.....
Oh, did I tell you that terrarium is on
my "hunny-do want" list?
{the list that he rolls his eyes at everytime it grows}
It is made of old windows
and chick wire
Do you come back from flea markets
and vintage shows
and think....
I could totally make that!?
Yah, me too.
except there is no way in heck
it would look like that....
{thats why I have the Stigman-LUV HIM}
And so I keep collecting old windows
and hide them in the back corner of our yard
{ssshh...its our secret!}
Miss Heather Bullard was there....
I only got one pic because her
booth was highly sought after
Gorgeous ....
nests with rhinestone brooches and ribbon
yummy smelly candles
industrial goodies
vintage repurposed jewelry
lovely chippy crusty furniture
and plants and flowers everywhere
{love that!}
Here are some other random pics from the day....
Vintage dress forms
Vintage door hardware
{i dont know why my heart palpitates every time i see rusty crusty hardware}
Cute fabric flowers

JUNK!
Sweet lil lunch/rest area
{ahem...notice the burlap}
This cutey patootie was helpin his Mama
sell her goodies
So stinkin cute!!
I was in serious love with this scale!
the price tag.....lets just say
the love was not reciprocated
{heartbreak hotel}

I will find one -
one day.
Maybe October 2nd......
Thats when Miss Judy
is holding her Fall show
{did i ever tell you Fall is my favie month?!}
this will be my 1st stop - Old Willow Farm
I seriously heart pumpkins!
{they were all over our wedding reception tables}
Oh...
and um... yeah.....
I had to change my anniversary weekend too.
So that I could go.
The Stig was not very
stoked.
He is a sucker for tradition -
and we go to Yosemite
every year for our anniversary
{its where us lovebirds honeymooned}

But he understood.....
{thats why I married that man!}
{sorry...all that wedding/anniversary talk got me all twitter-pated!}
[side note]
this pic was taken before just before our wedding ceremony,
right after the Stigman surprised me,
and got down on one knee,
and proposed to me (for the 3rd time-storyline for some other time)
right after I walked down the aisle....
of course I said "YES"
...duh!
ANYWHOOO....
my awesome man understood why I have to go to the Fall show.....
mainly cuz I told him
this "chic" was gonna be the MVP.....
(Most Vintage Person!)
haha - I just made that up :D
a certain "Shabby" Chic(k)...
um "hello McFly"!!
Do you think she would autograph
one of my lovie chippy vintage dressers??
Hahaha....
but seriously??!!
So.....
whadya say?
Wanna meet up?
I know you aren't doing anything
remotely cooler than this!
I will bring the lattes.....
you bring the laughs
{and a cute scarf to wear}
Until then.....
the thrill of the hunt is what its all about!
{and this cougar is ready to pounce!!}
Go check out the website:
Remnants of the Past
Fall Show - Saturday October 2nd
Judy updates the site as the show gets closer with:
- full list of vendors (all amazing)
- vendor profiles
- map of venue






















1 comment:
Hello! I just fell in love with everything your showed! I would have went crazy there! I wish we had something like that in Ohio! Thanks for visiting my blog!!
Post a Comment