Thursday, September 22, 2011

Movie Inspired SLUMBER PARTY !


We are having a sleepover at Donna's!
She is the uber awesome, super talented chic responsible for Tinker (above).
Tinker is pretty famous....she is all over the web ;) 

 Donna invited me and some gal pals over
 for a quick post about our favorite movie sets
that have provided us with design/decorating/ inspiration. 

A few of us are having a PARTAY over at Donna's
to share ideas, thoughts and chocolate inspiration!

I am going to pretend that we are all hangin' out
in Tinker
all jammy-jammed up with our
yummy snacks
inspiration binders
some fluffy pillows
and maybe a bottle or two of bubbly!

 Yep...I prefer the cheap stuff!

Sound like fun?!

Come be a peeping tom join us!

First, make sure you slip into somethin' cozy...


 oopsies!

 That's for the Stig later ;)

Ok,
How bout these:


 +

Now that is more like it!

And TOTALLY me.
Yes, I own BOTH of these items and wear them
to pick up the kids from school
around the house!

Okee dokee.

Here is the deal.

I am going to pick ONE room/area from each of my 3 favorite movies/shows... 

Together they form a DREAMY home of mine!

And

here

we

go! 

#1. Movie Inspiration:

"Its Complicated" / "The Holiday" / "Something's Gotta Give"
  
 Sorry.
I alreaded cheated.
I cant pick just one.
They are kinda all lumped up together in awesomeness. 

One person.
*Nancy Meyers*
She's got serious skills my friends.

"It's Complicated" 

MY FAVORITE AREA:
Garden

I love every detail about this potting area!

Inspiring
chippy farmhouse table
brick pavers
collection of various pots and potting vessels
that wicker basket! 
stack of crates 

Inspired decor for use in MY home:
chippy green- colored hutch
galvanized pots, tub 
corbel shelving 
vintage crates 

Check out the Garden:

 Um, hello LOVE.


"The Holiday" 

MY FAVORITE AREA:
LIVING ROOM / FIREPLACE


I am a sucker for rustic.
distressed old W.O.O.D. 
And stone. 
The Cotswold Cottage has both.

I watch just the cottage scenes for
that Rustic Shabby Cottage look inspiration.

Inspiring:
old wood beams
cozy fabrics
stone fireplace
neutral color palette
slipcovers 
Inspired decor for use in MY home:
distressed old beams 
stone fireplace 
area rug 
This movie also has another favorite area:

THE BATHROOM

 Oh em gee.
That tub gets me.

Seriously.
And I dont even care if I was all smooshed up inside it.
Cuz I would be surrounded by
bubbles
and
stone.
haha.... that sounds funny.
Inspiring:
Stone wall
Stenciled wood floor!
Dresser converted to vanity sink
soothing wall color
(sorta looks like my bathroom color...Sea Salt by SW)

Inspired decor for use in MY home:
vintage fixtures
wall color 
  

This is honestly the cutest lil cottage bathroom 
EVER in a movie :)



"Something's Gotta Give" 

 MY FAVORITE AREA:

THE KITCHEN 

Who DOESN'T go gaga over this cooking space?!


Inspiring:
 dark floors
crisp white cabinets 
vintage hardware
pendant lights
wall color 
bright light from the windows

Inspired decor for use in MY home: 
white cabinets
vintage bin pull hardware
dark flooring
island pendant lights
pale wall color

(I think this kitchen gave me the MOST inspiration 
when dreaming of my own kitchen remodel.
I used quite a bit of inspiration when planning the details
of what I wanted in my own kitchen) 

* She* (Nancy Meyers) is also responsible for BOTH Father of the Bride movies as well as Parent Trap. 
Even though she is just the writer of the movies, 
her style sense is impeccable.

Case in point: 
Take a look at her own home.


The lantern, table light and gorgeous chair fabric! 

 Lantern again !
I think we can say she likes lanterns ;)
Those french doors are fab too!

I love the rustic look of the back porch area. 

Her go to set designers:

Jon Hutman and Beth Rubino 

BUT...
Gotta to give a shout out to her REAL designer,
James Radin 
  
James Radin, the interior designer from Los Angeles is credited at the end of Something's Gotta Give with a "Thanks." There is no hint given of what he did to deserve the thanks, but savvy viewers in the know are aware of Radin's unique contribution to the movie - he is Nancy Meyers' ( the writer and director ) personal interior designer. While Jon Hutman is listed as Production Designer and Beth Rubino is in charge of Set Decoration, it is Beth who has been truly credited with the house's design. What was Radin's role in the house's design? Apparently, Meyers so loves her own home and it's designer that she asked Radin to help out the production team.  

   

#2. Movie Inspiration: 

"Life As We Know It"

MY FAVORITE AREA:

EXTERIOR OF HOME  

 Southern Charm.
Love windows, shutters, portico. 
Set designer: Cindy Carr
also : True Blood and 
AHEM....
set co-designer of The Holiday 
(are we noticing a trend here?!) 


I think the rear end  back of the home is better than the front!

Inspiring:
siding
shutters
paint color palette 

Inspired decor for use in MY home: 
vintage windows
landscaping
stone patio 

Oh, not to mention my favorite gal pal actress is in this movie:

Katherine Heigl

 (check out the stone fireplace behind her!)

Of whom's table we eat at everynite!
(Its a long story and I have promised to tell you...soon!) 


Runner up for another favorite movie exterior home:

"What Lies Beneath" 

That wrap-around pergola.
Heaven.

Not to mention the view.
Stunning. 

Oh, and I adore that aged cedar siding.
Gorgeous.

** pretty awesome bathroom in this movie too!

Since none of my favorite movies have a bedroom that totally inspires me,
I actually found the REAL bedroom of the home used
in the movie "Life as We Know It".

And gorgeous is it ever.


 WOW.

People REALLY slept in this bedroom.
("REAL" people meaning NOT Katherine or Josh!
Cuz we all know Hollywood actors are NOT REAL....lol)

Like, actually drooled on the pillows in real life.

That bed is to die for.
The color of the posts = yummy

LOVE the chaise in front of the window.
AND the cozy fireplace in the room....
and all the linen colored loveliness.

*sigh* 


#3. Tv Show Inspiration: 
(I might be breaking the rules here...) 

"Good Luck Charlie"

 MY FAVORITE AREA:

DOORS
(does that count as an area?!) 

Holy cow is that sliding barn door amazing, or what?! 
(get it ?! cow...barn....lol) 

that pop of aqua/turquoise color !
 So cool.

 Chalkboard Fridge Door

I would have loved to do this back when I had an ugly fridge.
But I have Large Marge.
And she is shiny, French and gorgeous :) 

 The entry door.
I have a thing for vintage/old doors.
This one is wood and lovely. 

LOOK at those stairs! 
I wish I had balls guts to paint things that bold and fun. 

Inspiring:
Doors (duh!)
pops of color in the home
etched glass entry door
vintage character 


the ACTUAL home itself...

See. the. STONE?
I am such a sucker.

Oh, and have you ever seen a home with a tire swing
that WASN'T adorable?

Seriously.


This has been a blast!

I cant wait for the next sleepover at Donna's....thanks for letting me hang out with you and the girls!

via


**ps - I forgot to share my chocolate with anyone at the sleepover...

(i stock up on these bad boys at Costco!) 

maybe I forgot....."accidentally" on purpose??
Tee hee....

XOX,


4 comments:

Donna Reyne' said...

You made it and wow! As usual you made me laugh out loud!
I didn't know you had such a thing for stone! Cool!
I love it too but wouzer on the cost!
I looked into it for the fireplace in the living room...not sure yet!
I love the houses you shared...some of these I really need to check out! And I am so glad you brought them to my attention!
Thank you so much Lolo for being a part of my sleepover! It means so much!
Hugs from here!
Donna

Rebecca said...

Hi Lolo
Good to meet and hang with you at Donna's. She's a gem!
Loved your movies and some I haven't seen so I will be checking those out shortly...
now who wants a make over... pedicure?
Blessings
Rebecca

Amy Chalmers said...

Oh lots to love in these movie sets...my movie has a great house made out of stone..Out of Africa~it is a fantastic house! Nice hanging with you at Donnas!

Lynne said...

HUG S-T-R-E-T-C-H Good Morning, Lolo!

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!

Since you "dibbsed" Tinker!, I opted to Glamp in the potager!

How did I know that if there is a party somewhere, you would be there!

I always love to hear what you're saying, fun one!

Thanks for the stone, cedar, and champagne inspiration!
~Lynne
[w/L]