Im sitting here eating leftovers from last nite
Usually I dont eat leftovers
but these leftovers involve mashies....
You know, mashed potatoes?
The Stigman was craving a home-cooked meal last nite....
We have been runnin all over the place this summer
and have barely had time to sit down at the table,
let alone eat a "real" home-cooked meal
his favorite?
Meatloaf and Mashies
So thats what we all had last nite
(and right now for lunchie!)
Its actually a pretty easy home cooked meal
Start to finish - less than an hour
MEATLOAF
1 1/4 lb ground beef
add chopped onions, mushrooms, leftover bread (cut into cubes),
egg, Lipton's onion soup mix,
chopped garlic and fresh parsley (from garden)
(cooks at 375 for about 40 minutes)
MASHIES
5 lbs potatoes (we eat alot of mashies!)
diced and boiled til soft
drain
then add to mixer with sour cream, butter salt and pepper
GRAVY
couple cans of mushroom (or beef) gravy
add chopped mushrooms
minced garlic
seasonings (salt/pepper)
Quick and fast......
GRAVY
couple cans of mushroom (or beef) gravy
add chopped mushrooms
minced garlic
seasonings (salt/pepper)
Quick and fast......
STUFFING
I swear by Stove Top Chicken Stuffing
(unless its Thanksgiving or Christmas)
all you have to do is boil the water with butter
then add the breadcrumb package and cover
So easy!
GREEN BEANS
from our garden.....
It was our first summer batch!
Heavenly!!
(I save bacon grease in a little jar and toss a little bit of the grease in with the cooked green beans)
You dont even need butter
I promise
Ahhhh.....
So proud of myself
I think I finally got my energy back
And its just the beginning of the week I tell ya!
I will be back tomorrow ....
with my Kick-ass Salsa recipe
You wont wanna miss it
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment